Description of Carbon Reduction Activities
V Make Manufacturing and Printing Ltd.
Mr Sam Li, IT Officer
Tel: (852) 8200-9933 Fax: (852) 8200-9929
- Provide trays to collect reusable items in offices to promote the use of reusable items such as single-sided paper, paper clips, envelopes, folders etc.
- To use paperless ERP system in our offices.
- Office room temperature is set at 23 degree.
- To use filtered water instead of distilled water.
- Provide recycle bin with plastic, metal and paper compartments.
Vico Systems Limited
Mr Terence Chan, Project Director
Tel: (852) 3460-1888 Fax: (852) 2152-7555
- External Environmental Initiatives:
- Encouraging staff to turn off light, air-conditioner and electronic appliances
- Recycling of paper
- Recycling of carbon toner
- Actively promote the use of e-Fax to replace the traditional Fax machine to save paper
- Actively promote the use of electronic system to reduce the use of paper
Viva China Holdings Limited
Tel: (852) 3796-1111 Fax: (852) 3796-1100
External Environmental Initiatives:
- Organize vegetarian lunch on a monthly basis
- Participated in WWF's “Earth Hour” campaign
- Participated in Green Sense's “No Air Con Night”
- Place recycle box to collect “Red Packets” and donate to charity
- Place recycle box to collect moon cake tin box and donate to charity
- 5-day work to reduce the energy usage
- Turn off lighting / conditioned air supply during lunch break
- Turn off lighting / conditioned air supply in conference room when the room not in use
- Staff training to turn off electrical appliances before leaving office
- Install the insulated curtains to block solar heat for reduce electricity consumption
Reduce usage of paper:
- Purchase and use recycled A4 paper
- Set up recycle box next to the printer to collect used paper for recycling
- Encourage staff to print on both sides and to use recycled paper
- Use email and e-fax to save paper
Recycling and Reusing:
- Arrange “Green Collection program” regularly and donate to Christian Action
- Collect used printer cartridges and donate to Friends of the Earth
- Place recycle bag to collect paper for recycling monthly
- Place boxes to recycle plastic material (e.g. bottle and package bags etc.)
- Reuse stationery such as paper clips, envelopes, folders, etc.
Monitor and Control:
- Conduct regular maintenance of air conditioning system
- Record electricity usage monthly in order to monitor and control the energy usage
VSL-Intrafor Hong Kong
Mr Joe Mok, Quality, Safety & Environmental Manager
Tel: (852) 2590-2288 Fax: (852) 2590-0290
Ms Jacqueline Cheung, Marketing Manager
Tel (852) 2388-6836 Fax: (852) 2328-8742 Email: email@example.com
Reducing electricity consumption and energy efficiency
- Lighting zones to allow separate switching on and off of lights in areas that are only used occasionally
- Switching off air-conditioning, lighting and equipment in office zones not in operation (such as meeting rooms and conference areas)
- Set comfortable room temperature of air-conditioned offices during cooling mode
- Clean air-conditioning systems and dust filters of the offices regularly
Promoting environmentally friendly behavior
- Communicate via email, intranet or internet to save papers and share tips on environmental protection
- Use of electronic means for communications internally and with external parties as far as possible
Supporting reuse and recycling activities
- Arrangement for the re-use and recycling of personal computers, notebook computers, equipment and electrical appliances
- Supporting and sponsoring community projects in promoting environmental protection
- Use of recycled paper as appropriate
- Reuse stationery such as paper clips, packaging and courier bags, envelopes, folders, etc.
- Reduce the need to copy and print, do so only when needed. Copy and print on both sides of the paper, where appropriate
- Provide trays to collect and reuse one-sided paper